Asbestos Exposure Home, asbestosdefinition.com | In the past few years, people who work in construction have been developing different types of health problems after being exposed to asbestos at work.
There are no official statistics about how many workers have been exposed to asbestos in the United States, but it is estimated that thousands of workers have developed some form of lung cancer as a result of asbestos exposure.
Asbestos was once used in building materials to make them stronger and longer lasting. They were popular in the nineteen fifties because of their ability to stand up to various elements. The great thing about asbestos was that it was completely safe from inhalation; it did not contain any carcinogens or other potentially harmful substances.
Since the manufacture of this material began many people have been exposed to asbestos dust. Some workers have been exposed to asbestos by working in an area where asbestos was present. Others have been exposed to asbestos by working in a building where asbestos was used.
Asbestos Exposure Home Solutions – Things You Need to Know
When the homeowners became aware of the presence of asbestos at home, they can either take action themselves to stop the accumulation of asbestos dust, or they can hire a contractor to come and take care of the problem. Either way, there is little to no control over what kind of asbestos is being emitted into the air in your home. The worst thing about the presence of asbestos is that the symptoms of an asbestos exposure at home can be easily mistaken for other health issues.
The worst type of exposure to asbestos is the one that happens at home. An asbestos exposure at home can actually cause asbestosis to occur. Asbestosis is the most common type of lung cancer. The symptoms that can be experienced include coughing, chest pains, shortness of breath, and a wheezing sound.
Acute asbestosis is a more severe form of the condition that can be found in the lungs. The only symptom associated with the condition is fever and weight loss. For some people, the symptoms may be mild and go away without medical intervention, while others can experience very severe symptoms.
The only known way to prevent asbestosis is to avoid exposure to asbestos. It is not possible to rid your home of asbestos simply by removing the old shingles or roofing material that contains asbestos.
Asbestosis can be prevented if you avoid breathing the dust from older homes. It is also recommended that you do not use furniture made of particle board to store items that may be contaminated with asbestos. This may seem like common sense, but the fact is that many of these types of materials contain asbestos particles and have been proven to contain the toxic substance.
If you do become aware that you have asbestos in your home, you should immediately report the presence of asbestos to your state’s health department. You may find that the state may provide you with a kit that you can use to remove the contamination. However, if the particles have not settled, you will need to come in and install a special trap.
Since the health department has been able to determine the extent of your exposure to asbestos, they will most likely be able to give you a list of companies that will be able to remove the particles. You should not try to clean the particles yourself because the particles are extremely dangerous.
You should also avoid using chemicals to clean shingles. Although cleaning shingles will remove the particles of asbestos that are stuck to the surface, the particles are so small that you can’t use chemicals that are specifically designed to remove particles of asbestos. If you do clean the surface of the shingles, you should use water that is completely uncontaminated and is of high quality.
If you have done everything that is recommended, you should contact your health department to report the existence of asbestos at your home. There are several ways that the agency can provide assistance and advice that will assist you in finding the right solution for removing the asbestos at your home.